Hultafors Agdor Yankee Felling Axe 1.0 With Hand Made Leather Sheath
Time Tested Hand Forged Swedish Axes Since 1697
The 1000g Hultafors Agdor Yankee Axe is the small mid-size model in the Agdor Yankee Axe range. The head is Hand Forged from special Swedish carbon steel using time tested methods the Hults Bruk forge has been using since 1697. The Axe features a 700mm Swedish made American Hickory handle providing a perfect combination of beautiful balance, strength and power. With the head weight of 1000g this Agdor yankee Axe is an the ¾ Axe range. It is still light enough to hold higher up on handle and use like a Hatchet but has the extra weight to achieve efficient cutting results when doing heavier tasks. Having a mid-weight head still provides a fast head speed but also good power when striking. This gives a good compromise when using on light springy wood or heavier tasks as felling a mid-size tree. This is a perfect Axe when you need a combination of ease of carry and cutting power. It is favourite of users who want an all-round Axe with a bit of extra Power that is light enough to cart around easily. It is suitable for felling of medium trees, cutting Kindling, Shelter building and all kinds of tasks when a bit of power is required.
- Edge protected with Hunt Gather Grow’s own shop made bearded axe cover. These covers are Hand Crafted using the finest 4.0mm thick Australian Veg tanned Leather by Green-Halgh Tannery and stiched with Juliud Koch 1.00mm waxed braided thread. The Tannery is 5 generations old and the last Tannery in Australia using the traditional wattle bark Vegetable tanning process. When cared for correctly these covers will last generations just like the axe.
- The Axe features a bead blasted finish with a clear lacquer for added protection.
- The steel is stuck around 60 times under a power hammer, this refines the grain structure of the steel increasing the durability and edge retention of the Hatchet.
- The cutting edge is hardened and tempered enabling it to hold a very sharp edge even after many sharpening’s.
- The American Hickory handle is treated in a 200deg Celsius bath of linseed oil to improve flexibility & provide protection from the elements.
Hunt Gather Grow is an Authorised retailer of Hultafors axes. The Head comes with an Australian backed Rock-Solid Lifetime Warranty. We also stock a full range of spare handles and accessories with a handle fitting and sharpening service should the need arise.