Hultafors Agdor Wood Chopper's Maul 2.5, Quality Sheath
Time Tested Hand Forged Swedish Axes Since 1697
The 2500g Hultafors Agdoor Splitting axe is the Largest Splitting Axe in the Agdor range. The head is Hand Forged from special Swedish carbon steel using time tested methods the Hults Bruk forge has been using since 1697. The Splitting Axe features a 750mm curved Swedish made American Hickory handle providing a perfect combination of beautiful balance & strength. With its heavier weight this Splitting Axe is perfect for splitting medium-large logs. The Splitting Maul also comes with a Tempered Striking face on the back which is suitable for sledge hammer work (Note never hit another hardened surface). Splitting axes are specifically designed to split wood versus cut across the grain which ensure they do not jam in the grain as Axes can.
- Edge come protected with Hunt Gather Grow’s own shop made Heavy Duty bearded Splitting Axe cover. These covers are Hand Crafted using the finest 4.0-5.5mm thick Australian Vegetable Tanned Leather by Greenhalgh Tannery. The Tannery is 5 generations old and the last Tannery in Australia using the traditional Wattle Bark Vegetable tanning process. When cared for correctly these covers will last generations just like the Splitting Axe.
- The Splitting Axe features a bead blasted finish with a clear lacquer for added protection.
- The steel is stuck around 70 times under a power hammer, this refines the grain structure of the steel increasing the durability and edge retention of the Hatchet.
- The cutting edge is hardened and tempered enabling it to hold a very sharp edge even after many sharpening’s.
- The American Hickory handle is treated in a 200deg Celsius bath of linseed oil to improve flexibility & provide protection from the elements.
Hunt Gather Grow is an Authorised retailer of Hultafors Splitting Axes. The Head comes with an Australian backed Rock-Solid Lifetime Warranty. We also stock a full range of spare handles and accessories with a handle fitting and sharpening service should the need arise.