The Gränsfors Splitting Hatchet can be used with one or two hands for smaller firewood and kindling. It is forged and ground to a concave, with quite a thin convex blade at the bit. The axe cuts quickly and easily into the wood and then effectively splits it as the broader section pushes apart the wood. The handle has a protective steel collar below the axe head and circular grooves towards the end for an extra firm grip.
- The Splitting Hatchet features a classic untouched finish straight from the forge giving the axe it’s timeless look.
- Comes with the edge sharpened and polished in a convex grind, razor sharp and ready to work.
- The head has been treated with oil for added protection.
- Supplied with a Premium Veg Tanned Leather sheath.
- The steel is stuck around 60 times under a power hammer, this refines the grain structure of the steel increasing the durability and edge retention of the Hatchet.
- The cutting edge is hardened and tempered to a hardness of 57 Rockwell C enabling it to hold a very sharp edge even after many sharpening’s.
- The American Hickory handle is treated in a 200deg Celsius bath of linseed oil & treated with beeswax to improve flexibility & provide protection from the elements.
- Steel gaurd on the neck of the handle providing protection from overstrikes.
Hunt Gather Grow is an Authorised retailer of Gransfors Bruk Splitting Hatchets. The Head comes with an Australian backed Rock-Solid 20 year Warranty. We also stock a full range of spare handles and accessories with a handle fitting and sharpening service should the need arise.