The Gränsfors 1900 Broard Axe is a Traditional pattern used extensivley in hewing timber for log hut building as well as making joints. The axe is forged to a curved bit with a double beveled edge, making it suitable for all types of joint making and log squaring operations. The curved handle provides the axe with a balanced and powerful strike. The Beard of the head enables the axe to be choke held for fine finishing of joints. The 1900 Broard axe is the ultimate tool for anyone getting into log hut building or traditional wood work.
- The Axe features a classic untouched finish straight from the forge giving the axe it’s timeless look.
- Comes with the edge sharpened and polished in a Scandi grind, razor sharp and ready to work.
- The head has been treated with oil for added protection.
- Supplied with a Premium Veg Tanned Leather sheath.
- The steel is stuck around 60 times under a power hammer, this refines the grain structure of the steel increasing the durability and edge retention of the axe.
- The cutting edge is hardened and tempered to a hardness of 57 Rockwell C enabling it to hold a very sharp edge even after many sharpening’s.
- The American Hickory handle is treated in a 200deg Celsius bath of linseed oil & treated with beeswax to improve flexibility & provide protection from the elements.
Hunt Gather Grow is an Authorised retailer of Gransfors Bruk axes. The Head comes with an Australian backed Rock-Solid 20 year Warranty. We also stock a full range of spare handles and accessories with a handle fitting and sharpening service should the need arise.