Gransfors Bruk 490-1 Double-Bit Throwing Competition Axe
Hand Forged Swedish Quality for over 100 Years
or 4 payments of $124.75 with Info
The Gränsfors Double Bit Axe is based on the North American working axes, but has been modified for use in axe throwing. Both edges are identical and the centre of gravity and handle are carefully positioned so that the axe rotates well in flight. The dimensions and design of the axe comply with the rules for axe throwing.
The Double Bit Axe can also be used as a working axe in the forest, although this is rare nowadays. In this case it should be longer, which is why the axe is also available with an 89 cm handle.
- The Axe features a classic untouched finish straight from the forge giving the Hatchet it’s timeless look.
- Comes with the edge sharpened and polished in a convex grind, razor sharp and ready to work.
- The head has been treated with oil for added protection.
- Supplied with a Premium Veg Tanned Leather sheath.
- The steel is stuck around 60 times under a power hammer, this refines the grain structure of the steel increasing the durability and edge retention of the Hatchet.
- The cutting edge is hardened and tempered to a hardness of 57 Rockwell C enabling it to hold a very sharp edge even after many sharpening’s.
- The American Hickory handle is treated in a 200deg Celsius bath of linseed oil & treated with beeswax to improve flexibility & provide protection from the elements.
Note: The image used is a stock image for specific makers marks please contact us directly.
Hunt Gather Grow is an Authorised retailer of Gransfors Bruk axes. The Head comes with an Australian backed Rock-Solid 20 year Warranty. We also stock a full range of spare handles and accessories with a handle fitting and sharpening service should the need arise.
Others Also Bought
or 4 payments of $69.75 with Info
or 4 payments of $7.25 with Info