The Gransfors Bruk Froe is used to split wood with high accuracy. Traditionally used for making shingles and planks.This is the perfect tool for the Traditional woodworker. The Froe is steadied with one hand and struck with a mallet which provides more control of where the wood will split. No cover is supplied with this Froe.
- The Froe features a classic untouched finish straight from the forge giving the Froe a timeless look.
- The edge sharpened and polished in a convex grind, razor sharp and ready to work.
- The head has been treated with oil for added protection.
- The steel is stuck many times under a power hammer, this refines the grain structure of the steel increasing the durability and edge retention of the Froe.
- The cutting edge is hardened and tempered to a hardness of 57 Rockwell C enabling it to hold a very sharp edge even after many sharpening’s.
- The handle is easily removable for easy storage and carry.
- The American Hickory handle is treated in a 200deg Celsius bath of linseed oil & treated with beeswax to improve flexibility & provide protection from the elements.
Hunt Gather Grow is an Authorised retailer of Gransfors Bruk Froes. The Froe Head comes with an Australian backed Rock-Solid 20 year Warranty. We also stock a full range of spare handles and accessories with a handle fitting and sharpening service should the need arise.
Others Also Bought