The Gränsfors Hand Hatchet 413 is light weight short handled hatchet used extensively for wood carving and hiking. With it's compact size and weight it is extremely practical to carry in the car or your rucksack/backpack on hiking trips or forest walks. The shape of the sheath, which covers the edge and the top part of the poll, also stops the axe head cutting into your rucksack. The Hand Hatchet is the perfect companion for the survivalist or outdoor adventurer. Despite its short handle, the axe can be used to fell small trees. It is also great for limbing and for splitting kindling and firewood.
- The hatchet features a classic untouched finish straight from the forge giving the Hatchet it’s timeless look.
- Comes with the edge sharpened and polished in a convex grind, razor sharp and ready to work.
- The head has been treated with oil for added protection.
- Supplied with a Premium Veg Tanned Leather sheath.
- The steel is stuck many times under a power hammer, this refines the grain structure of the steel increasing the durability and edge retention of the Hatchet.
- The cutting edge is hardened and tempered to a hardness of 57 Rockwell C enabling it to hold a very sharp edge even after many sharpening’s.
- The American Hickory handle is treated in a 200deg Celsius bath of linseed oil & treated with beeswax to improve flexibility & provide protection from the elements.
Hunt Gather Grow is an Authorised retailer of Gransfors Bruk axes. The Head comes with an Australian backed Rock-Solid 20 year Warranty. We also stock a full range of spare handles and accessories with a handle fitting and sharpening service should the need arise.