The Gransfors Swedish Carving Axe was developed by master crafstman and author Wille Sundvist, based on old Swedish carving techniques. the axe is well suited for hewing bowls, artistic wood carving and traditional building work. The axe features a curved cutting edge carried much higher than the heads eye as well as the position of the cutting edge in relation to the handle enables comfortable and efficient carving.
- The Axe features a classic untouched finish straight from the forge giving the Hatchet it’s timeless look.
- Comes with the edge sharpened and polished in a convex grind, razor sharp and ready to work.
- The head has been treated with oil for added protection.
- Supplied with a Premium Veg Tanned Leather sheath.
- The steel is stuck many times under a power hammer, this refines the grain structure of the steel increasing the durability and edge retention of the Hatchet.
- The cutting edge is hardened and tempered to a hardness of 57 Rockwell C enabling it to hold a very sharp edge even after many sharpening’s.
- The American Hickory handle is treated in a 200deg Celsius bath of linseed oil & treated with beeswax to improve flexibility & provide protection from the elements.
Note: The image used is a stock image for specific makers marks please contact us directly.
Hunt Gather Grow is an Authorised retailer of Gransfors Bruk axes. The Head comes with an Australian backed Rock-Solid 20 year Warranty. We also stock a full range of spare handles and accessories with a handle fitting and sharpening service should the need arise.