The Award winning (Scandinavian Outdoor Award) 700g Hultafors Aby Axe is the perfect hybrid with many different uses. It is a unique axe from the Hultafors Premium range. The head is Hand Forged from special Swedish carbon steel using time tested methods the Hults Bruk forge has been using since 1697. The Axe features a super fine curved 650mm Swedish made American Hickory handle which provides unmatched feeling of balance & power. Designed with survival in mind the Aby Axe features a 700g head with a generous finger notch for precision work, a unique hammer pole allowing use for light hammer work and an all-round straighter edge which thickens quickly suitable for splitting, cross cutting, shelter building and everything in between. Having a light weight head provides an extremely fast head speed when striking. This gives a more efficient cut when using on light springy wood as the fine head bites deeper rather than push the branch. So if you’re preparing a bug out bag or planning a remote trip this is the axe to have when survival is required.
- The Axe features a classic untouched finish straight from the forge giving the Hatchet it’s timeless look. Comes with the edge sharpened and polished in a convex grind, razor sharp and ready to work.
- The head has been treated with oil for added protection.
- Supplied with a Premium Veg Tanned Leather sheath.
- The steel is stuck around 60 times under a power hammer, this refines the grain structure of the steel increasing the durability and edge retention of the Hatchet.
- The cutting edge is hardened and tempered enabling it to hold a very sharp edge even after many sharpening’s.
- The American Hickory handle is treated in a 200deg Celsius bath of linseed oil to improve flexibility & provide protection from the elements.
Hunt Gather Grow is an Authorised retailer of Hultafors axes. The Head comes with an Australian backed Rock-Solid Lifetime Warranty. We also stock a full range of spare handles and accessories with a handle fitting and sharpening service should the need arise.