Hultafors Premium Ekelund Hunting Hatchet
Time Tested Hand Forged Swedish Axes Since 1697
The 850g Hultafors Ekelund Hunting Hatchet is the largest Hatchet in the Hultafors Premium range. The head is Hand Forged from special Swedish carbon steel using time tested methods the Hults Bruk forge has been using since 1697. The Hatchet features a curved 500mm Swedish made American Hickory handle providing a perfect combination of beautiful balance & strength. The Hatchet carries the name Ekelund paying homage to Gunnar Ekelund, the man responsible for increasing Hults Bruk production to a larger scale from 1870-1875. The Ekelund Hatchet features a ground pole, designed to be used for skinning, processing of game, shelter building, firewood and any task required in a survival, hunting or trekking encounter making it the right choice for any outdoor adventurer that requires a dependable companion in the wilderness.
- The Hatchet features a classic untouched finish straight from the forge giving the Hatchet it’s timeless look.
- Comes with the edge sharpened and polished in a convex grind, razor sharp and ready to work.
- The head has been treated with oil for added protection. Supplied with a Premium Veg Tanned Leather sheath. The steel is stuck around 60 times under a power hammer, this refines the grain structure of the steel increasing the durability and edge retention of the Hatchet.
- The cutting edge is hardened and tempered enabling it to hold a very sharp edge even after many sharpening’s.
- The American Hickory handle is treated in a 300deg Celsius bath of linseed oil to improve flexibility & provide protection from the elements.
Hunt Gather Grow is an Authorised retailer of Hultafors axes. The Head comes with an Australian backed Rock-Solid Lifetime Warranty. We also stock a full range of spare handles and accessories with a handle fitting and sharpening service should the need arise.
Others Also Bought
More From This Category