Hultafors Premium Hult Splitting Axe
Time Tested Hand Forged Swedish Axes Since 1697
The 1500g Hult Splitting Axe is solid workhorse designed for splitting logs and wood. The head is Hand Forged from special Swedish carbon steel using time tested methods the Hults Bruk forge has been using since 1697. The Splitting Axe features a Straight 750mm Swedish made American Hickory handle, providing a perfect combination of beautiful balance & strength. The relative light weight of this Splitting axe is perfect for an adolescent or smaller individual and well suited for splitting small-medium logs. Splitting axes are specifically designed to split wood versus cut across the grain which ensure they do not jam in the grain as Axes can.
- The Splitting Axe features a classic untouched finish straight from the forge giving the Hatchet it’s timeless look. Comes with the edge sharpened and polished in a convex grind, razor sharp and ready to work. The head has been treated with oil for added protection.
- Supplied with a Premium Veg Tanned Leather sheath.
- The steel is stuck around 70 times under a power hammer, this refines the grain structure of the steel increasing the durability and edge retention of the Hatchet.
- The cutting edge is hardened and tempered enabling it to hold a very sharp edge even after many sharpening’s.
- The American Hickory handle is treated in a 300deg Celsius bath of linseed oil to improve flexibility & provide protection from the elements.
Hunt Gather Grow is an Authorised retailer of Hultafors splitting axes. The Head comes with an Australian backed Rock-Solid Lifetime Warranty. We also stock a full range of spare handles and accessories with a handle fitting and sharpening service should the need arise.
Others Also Bought
More From This Category