Hultafors Premium Stalberg Carpenter Hatchet
Time Tested Hand Forged Swedish Axes Since 1697
The 850g Hultafors Stalberg Carpenters Axe is the Choice for Traditional Craftsmen from the Hultafors Premium range. The head is Hand Forged from special Swedish carbon steel using time tested methods the Hults Bruk forge has been using since 1697. The long, narrow and straight edge combined with the finger notch allows the axe to be gripped near the centre of the cutting edge, providing increased precision. The Axe features a Straight 500mm Swedish made American Hickory handle, providing a perfect combination of beautiful balance & strength. The Axe carries the name Stalberg paying homage to Ernst Stalberg one of Hults Bruk’s most experienced blacksmiths from the early 20th century. This axe is a must have for any discerning wood craftsmen.
- The Axe features a classic untouched finish straight from the forge giving the Hatchet it’s timeless look.
- Comes with the edge sharpened and polished in a convex grind, razor sharp and ready to work.
- The head has been treated with oil for added protection.
- Supplied with a Premium Veg Tanned Leather sheath.
- The steel is stuck around 60 times under a power hammer, this refines the grain structure of the steel increasing the durability and edge retention of the Hatchet.
- The cutting edge is hardened and tempered enabling it to hold a very sharp edge even after many sharpening’s.
- The American Hickory handle is treated in a 300deg Celsius bath of linseed oil to improve flexibility & provide protection from the elements.
Hunt Gather Grow is an Authorised retailer of Hultafors axes. The Head comes with an Australian backed Rock-Solid Lifetime Warranty. We also stock a full range of spare handles and accessories with a handle fitting and sharpening service should the need arise.
Others Also Bought
More From This Category