Hultafors 3405021 Agdor Tasmanian Felling Axe 2.0, Raw Edge
Time Tested Hand Forged Swedish Axes Since 1697
or 4 payments of $39.75 with Info
The 2kg Hultafors Agdor Tassie Pattern Axe is the Largest full-size model in the Agdor Axe range. It is a hardwood eating BEAST! The head is Hand Forged from special Swedish carbon steel using time tested methods the Hults Bruk forge has been using since 1697. This Large felling axe was originally developed by the Arvika forge for competition and serious chopping and was inspired by Australian Racing Pattern Axes.
Arvika was its own forge in Sweden until early 1960s when they closed the doors and Hults Bruk purchased the brand and Tassie pattern. For the next 50-years, Hults Bruk continued to produce the Tassie Pattern for select markets, making it a sought-after axe the world over as it was previously unavailable in most markets until now.
The axe features a Swedish made 800mm American Hickory handle and a wide 140mm convex cutting edge. This is the perfect axe for large scale heavy duty use in forestry, heavy de-limbing, splitting and as a training axe for the standing chop before stepping up to a professional competition axe. If you love Australian Hardwood axes this is the axe you MUST HAVE.
- Edge protected with Hunt Gather Grow’s own shop made Heavy Duty bearded axe cover. These covers are Hand Crafted using the finest 4.0-5.5mm thick Australian Veg tanned Leather by Green-Halgh Tannery. The Tannery is 5 generations old and the last Tannery in Australia using the traditional wattle bark Vegetable tanning process. When cared for correctly these covers will last generations just like the axe.
- Supplied with a Raw edge which requires final shaping and honing (For experienced users only). We also supply the axe final shaped and honed Razor sharp.
- The Axe features a blue painted finish with a clear lacquer along the cutting edge for added protection.
- The steel is stuck around 70 times under a power hammer, this refines the grain structure of the steel increasing the durability and edge retention of the Axe.
- The cutting edge is hardened and tempered enabling it to hold a very sharp edge even after many sharpening’s.
- The American Hickory handle is treated in a 300deg Celsius bath of linseed oil to improve flexibility & provide protection from the elements.
Hunt Gather Grow is an Authorised retailer of Hultafors axes. The Head comes with an Australian backed Rock-Solid Lifetime Warranty. We also stock a full range of spare handles and accessories with a handle fitting and sharpening service should the need arise.
Others Also Bought
or 4 payments of $38.25 with Info
or 4 payments of $13.06 with Info
or 4 payments of $36.25 with Info
or 4 payments of $51.31 with Info
More From This Category
or 4 payments of $79.75 with Info
or 4 payments of $30.00 with Info
or 4 payments of $12.00 with Info